Friday, October 2, 2015

Starting the Tunnel

So I am now in the last month of my 30’s. I’m not feeling any more happiness or anxiety, pessimism or optimism than I usually do on any given day. What I am feeling is that I need to and want to change some things. I want to be more curious, for my adult life I’ve always gotten frustrated with people who ask a lot of questions, now I want to be one of those people I want to know stuff about stuff and the people who do that stuff and why they do it and if it’s cool, fun and fulfilling. I heard a quote the other day that went like this “I prefer having questions because then the whole world opens up to me.” Doesn’t that sound wonderful and positive having the whole world open to you? That just sounds fantastic. I want to live my life through experiences as opposed to stuff. This year I was able to take two awesome trips that I will always remember. Along the way I was able to do a couple of things I have wanted since I was a child, see a baseball game at Wrigley Field and go to a BIG TIME college football game. I was able to do these things with people that I love dearly and these things mean so much more to me than if that $ was spent on a new something or other. I plan to do a lot more of this because if you don’t enjoy the journey we all end up at the same destination. I want to become my true self and to do that I feel like I need to accomplish something. Not just something small but something big that is built up with lots of little accomplishments along the way. I am going to set a goal and I am going to write that goal down as well as a time period to reach that goal and I am going to make decisions based on if they will help me reach that goal. I’ve never really accomplished anything awesome in my opinion, sure I’ve graduated from high school and college, but lots of people have done that. I was once dead set on being a great baseball player but I allowed the words of classmate who saw me excelling and doing something that I love, to drag me back into the den of mediocrity. I want to break out of that den and have my own den filled with awesomeness and accomplishment. I know I have it in me it’s just way down and it’s going to take some serious digging and maybe a few wrong turns but I am going to take a journey of self-discovery and discover a great person. Now I just need to figure out what that accomplishment should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment